The Lord answered a hope and prayer of mine with a slight break through with the girls on Saturday. The older girls at the orphanage were stand off-ish and closed off last time I was here and I was wanting to get to know them more but it is hard. But Saturdayh morning while walking to the boys home I decided to just stop by and say hi. EVERYONE here remembers Micah and they call him "America"...not sure why but he answers to it now. So the girls were excited to see Micah and that was my in! We sat around and chatted a little. Saturday is hair washing day so I helped take out a few of the little girls braids before bath time. One of the boys from the boys home Evnell was there visiting his younger sister. I would guess he is about 9 or 10. This boy has the sweetest heart! If I could bring him home I would!! Susette told me his prayer for past year has been that his little sister Estaline would know him. So every Saturday he goes over to spend time with her. If he does well in school or gets a reward for something else he always asks if he can walk over and give it to his sister. The other day when he was leaving his sister started crying for him and he got so excited :)
After the girls house we walked up to the boys house. I was going to bring the scooters over in the afternoon so I got some sidewalk chalk and asked Immanuel to help me draw some tracks for the boys to ride on and race. Immanuel is SO rascally and disobedient and is always getting in trouble. I wanted to ask him to help me so I could spend a little time with him. I told him how I used to be rebellious and rascally too and how the Lord totally changed me. Well not totally changed me, I'm still pretty rascally :) anyway since he helped me he got to use the scooter first. He often gets privileges taken away so it was fun to give him one. While I was hanging with Immanuel, Micah and the other boys made guns from paper...they were pretending they were water guns and were squirting each other to cool each other off.
We went back later that afternoon to bring the scooters and it was crazy! I should've know! I set a timer and they had to trade every 5 minutes but man, I've never felt so popular! The boys were swarming me asking if they could be next, how much time was left, etc.
I played volleyball for a while and I had no idea I could suck so much at a sport! Haha but I'm getting better, we played again yesterday.
That night the boys hosted worship with the community. It was all in creole with a few English songs. It was beautiful. A little girl named Daphne crawled up in my lap halfway through and quickly fell asleep. There's not much better than getting to rock an absolutely beautiful Haitian girl to sleep.
Sunday Micah and I rode to church with Josie and Brooke. During church a local boy from our neighborhood who Josie takes care of, was at church and got sick and was throwing up. While he was in the bathroom his bike got stolen. But one of his friends saw who took it and knows where he lives. So after church we loaded up the car with the poor sick boy who's bike was stolen, the boy who knows who took it and a big Haitian dude. The boy gave us directions to the house where the bike was. The boys dad put up a little fight but we eventually got the bike back! It was such a fun adventure and Micah loved being a crime fighter!! :)
Micah and I then headed to the Manessero's for lunch. Micah and their son Kenson (who they adopted from Haiti) had fun shooting BB guns off the balcony. We went and hung out with the boys and came back to watch a movie at the Meadths.
Micah threw up this afternoon, I'm hoping he was just car sick. But he was also complaining about his head. He's getting a lot of rest and seems to be feeling better but just pray it isn't a bug! Micah is still winning the competition but I'm catching up!!! He hasnt had any new bites but I have. M:81 K:22
It all sounds so great. I wish you could have taken more scooters, but I'm sure there's only so much space to ride too! What a great idea. Hope "America" feels better.
ReplyDelete