I will be going to Haiti for 3 weeks and Micah will be coming with me for 2. I knew the Lord had been calling me for some time and after going this summer when I walked off the plane I felt like "Ok this is where I belong, these are my people," and I immediately had an overwhelming love for all things Haitian! He confirmed that Micah and I take this journey together through Jeremiah 1:4-12.
My love first began to grow for Haiti as I became close with Brittany Meadth and her mom Joy. Hearing the huge need there and their love for the nation of Haiti stirred my heart. The Lord has called me to love, support and pray for Brittany, the Meath family and the Child Hope ministry. Life is very hard in Haiti and I'm unsure of the specifics of exactly what I will be doing but my heart is just to come along side and serve in whatever way needed. And to also come along side the leaders of the ministry and orphanages to serve them too so that they can continue to be faithful to the Lord call of serving the country of Haiti. The Lord has so redeemed my life and although that nation of Haiti has been dedicated to Voodoo, I have hope that the Lord can and will redeem it for His glory!
"I have redeemed you, I have called you by name, you are mine." Isaiah 43:1b
Brittany Meadth and Me
No comments:
Post a Comment